configurehtml/javascript


View My Stats

Friday, January 1, 2010

The Dawn of a New Decade!!!

Well... we are now in the new year 2010.... doesn't that make you think of old space movies?... somewhere, I hear the faint melody of Major Tom.... a space odyssey..... I never watched that movie all the way through, come to think of it...so, I am not sure how it turned out.  But, way back in the day... when I actually saw the first TV clips of a man "walking" on the moon... (yeah.... I'm old enough to remember the original broadcasts)... don't rub it in, please.... LOL...... anyhow... I never even THOUGHT of the year 2010.... it just never crossed my mind that the year would ever exist in my space......of time..and continuum..... wow...that's weird...... see how easy it just jumps out of your mouth to say these kind of things now?.... Life changes and I suppose, we change with it, without realizing that we are doing just exactly that.... changing.............. One of the things that time rushing on...is that the changes bring us new developments in technology, or medicine... in how we live our day to day lives........  Here's hoping that with all the new changes, that we don't forget some of our old ways of doing things... I still hope that we continue to do the old fashioned things.... to remember to take food to people who have suffered a loss of some kind.. its a sweet and thoughtful gesture of support... or to send a short note of love to our friends that we miss .... even email is better than NO mail.... and, I still love the look of kerosene lamplight... I collect the old ones whenever I find them... I still love the scent and glow of candlelight on a snowy tablecloth... the fireplace roaring on a cold winter night.......or a bonfire in summer with friends sitting around and talking deep into the night. And most of all.......... I still love having my sweet horse greet me when I pull up to the corral.......... she really must love those peppermints.......LOL..................... Have a wonderful New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment