configurehtml/javascript


View My Stats

Monday, June 14, 2010

Got Whiskers????

I was at the barn yesterday...and one of the geldings came up to visit with me.... I noticed that his "whiskers" were growing very long.  Now, I know that horses use these hairs to let them know where objects are, like a cat does with his whiskers to judge if his head will fit into some spot or not.  You would never trim whiskers on a cat...but, we do on horses, especially people who show.......... so, I ask you.... do you trim your horse of his whiskers or not?........... I got kind of tickled at this gelding's "beard"....its pretty long... if you look at the pics I took, I think you will see just how long it is.... look closely!!!

1 comment:

  1. We trim only if the horse is going to a Class A show. Otherwise we leave the whiskers alone.

    ReplyDelete